On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 11:37, Jon Smirl wrote:
> I'm working on some code for the R200 I2C devices. There are four of them. It's
> obvious what CRT, CRT2, and DVI do. But what does MONID do?

As Alex said. Note that you can extract the mapping of outputs from
the BIOS, ATI devrel may be able to give you the table format here.

The current XFree driver has some limitations on how it can setup
the various outputs. I can't deal with TMDS2 beeing the primary
output (typicaly of an ADV+DVI card where only DVI is used) or with
TMDS1 beeing the secondary output (typical of a laptop with DVI
output). Part of the problem is that it doesn't parse this table
to know what is what, and it has some hard coded assumptions about
CRTC1 = TMDS1 && CRTC2 == TMDS2

I do plan to have that working at one point in radeonfb though.

Ben.