Am I missing something -- isn't this setting the appropriate blend modes? Is the constant color not getting updated correctly?

Yes, exactly, the constant color isn't updated at all (so the color is _really_ constant ;-)). Mesa would call ctx->Driver.BlendColor to inform the driver of the changed color, but neither R200 nor Radeon implement it.

Wow.

OK, the r200 register is RB3D_BLENDCOLOR: 0x3218, it holds an ARGB8888 color.

I can't find the r100 equivalent, but it'd be worth trying the same address. I'll let you know if I manage to dig it up.

Keith