Le jeudi 26 Février 2004 12:15, Felix Kühling a écrit :
> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 10:58:01 +0100
>
> Mickaël Cornet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > First, thank you for your job, I have installed the savage-2-0-0-0 branch
> > (it is the first time I try it). No problem to install it.
>
> The current development is now going on on the Mesa and DRI trunk. It
> has some new problems though, that the savage-2-0-0-branch did not have.
> You're welcome to try your luck. ;-)
>
> > So, I am happy to see that DPMS switch off my backlight and that my
> > savage twister K use 3D, I can play to Tuxracer now!
> >
> > But I have some problems with Blender or KPovModeler. For exemple in
> > Blender, I can't see menu, the screen flicks when I move my mouse.
>
> I don't have Blender or KPovModeler installed here. I'm going to install
> it at some point and see if I can fix it. I can't promise when, though.
>
> > Moreover, I can't switch resolution with xrandr (it's give me same
> > problems) but it works great with Ctrl + Alt + (+/-) (no problem)
>
> I don't have xrandr either. My base XFree86 installation is still 4.2.1.
>
> :-/ But if it's the same problem then I suspect that Blender and
>
> KPovModeler use randr to switch resolutions? Can it be disabled in the
> applications and if yes, does it change anything?

In fact Blender and Kpovmodeler, doesn't try to change resolution. I forgot to
say that I am on a Compaq Presario 700(laptop), so with a LCD screen (I don't
know if it will interesting you).

Then what I get in XFree86.log when I use xrandr
(--) SAVAGE(0): Chose mode 115 at 60Hz. <-- change with xrandr -s 1 (to
800x600)
(--) SAVAGE(0): Chose mode 118 at 60Hz. <-- change with xrandr -s 0 (to
1024x768 <-- my actual resolution)

And I have a new bug with foobillard, when I launch it, my PC freeze (kernel
no respond, no log and Magic keys doesn't respond too) :-(

I have a question, I only install savage-2-0-0-branch, there is anything else
to install and that I could forget (and that could produce this kind of
problem)?

Thanks you!