Hi!

Here comes the via drm module patch against current (at least as of today :-) CVS (/usr/local/src/dri-cvs/xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm)

What we've done is the following:
1. Base. Via:s drm Module 0038.
2. Added vblank_wait IOCTL support (Terry Barnaby), via_irq.c
3. Added some XvMC specific locks in the private SAREA structure.
4. Added some copyright notes where it was obvious that Via had copied other drm code. (most notably sis_ds.h and sis_ds.c). Via has copied in a standard license header in all files, regardless of origin, so please yell if you feel that there should be attribution and / or copyright notices which are not there.
5. Changed the via_ds.h and via_ds.c external names to start with via, since the files and names were more or less identical to those of the sis driver. From what I can see there are no external names not starting with via at this point.
6. Updated it with version number, version date and PCI_ID's.

I've tried compiling it and run glxgears in its current form (Kernel 2.6.1) and it works nicely.

Should you think it's OK, we could take a maintainer role of the via kernel module should no one else step forward.

Regards. /Thomas