Thomas Hellstrom wrote:
Hi!

Here comes the via drm module patch against current (at least as of today :-) CVS (/usr/local/src/dri-cvs/xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm)

What we've done is the following:
1. Base. Via:s drm Module 0038.
2. Added vblank_wait IOCTL support (Terry Barnaby), via_irq.c
3. Added some XvMC specific locks in the private SAREA structure.
4. Added some copyright notes where it was obvious that Via had copied other drm code. (most notably sis_ds.h and sis_ds.c). Via has copied in a standard license header in all files, regardless of origin, so please yell if you feel that there should be attribution and / or copyright notices which are not there.
5. Changed the via_ds.h and via_ds.c external names to start with via, since the files and names were more or less identical to those of the sis driver. From what I can see there are no external names not starting with via at this point.
6. Updated it with version number, version date and PCI_ID's.

I've tried compiling it and run glxgears in its current form (Kernel 2.6.1) and it works nicely.

Should you think it's OK, we could take a maintainer role of the via kernel module should no one else step forward.

This sounds good.

The slight fly in the ointment regarding applying this patch right now is the current state of flux in the drm code, which is being moved to sit in its own CVS module in the dri project. To get the code in it's new location, checkout the "drm" module in DRI CVS.

I'd like to get reports back that the new code is compiling & working for people before dumping any big patches on it. But it would be helpful if the patch were to apply directly to that tree rather than the old layout.

Keith