> 1) drm_probe can fail. Should it check for errors before setting fb_loaded=1?

not sure, the fb is still loaded whether the probe fails or not .. some
other driver exists on that device..

> 2) Does this work? DRM(fb_loaded=1); or should it be DRM(fb_loaded)=1?
it works but is also a typo :-)

> 3) This should check the subvendor/subdevice fields too to be complete.
> if ((DRM(pciidlist)[i].vendor == pdev->vendor) &&
> DRM(pciidlist)[i].device == pdev->device)) {

I've thought of another way to do this I think, will re-generate patch
later, btw you may not know this put if you use pci_get_device, and it
finds a device, you have to use pci_dev_put on it if you don't want it ..
I'll do a bit of re-writing and re-submit..

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
pam_smb / Linux DECstation / Linux VAX / ILUG person