On Thursday 06 May 2004 15:58, Brian Paul wrote:
> Mark Cass wrote:
> > developers,
> >
> > I am having experiancing a sementation fault when calling
> > glCompressedTexImage2DARB. I have checked the pointer returned from
> > GetProcAddress and it seems to be valid (not NULL). i placed a
> > breakpoint in teximage.c (a mesa source file) on the function
> > _mesa_CompressedTexImage2DARB. I am not getting to this mesa function
> > before the segmentation fault. The debugger is giving me fits and i can
> > not look at a backtrace to determine where the crash occurred. even
>
> gdb has always worked for me, as long as libGL and the driver are
> compiled with -g.

In my experience, gdb easily gets confused when function pointers are
involved.  I've had one or two coredumps while working on the x11 DRI driver
where it wouldn't even print a backtrace.  In every case that's been because
an unintialized function pointer was being called/dereferenced.  gdb 6.0
appears to handle this case much better than 5.x did.

- ajax