Felix Kühling wrote:

When I run it, it says (same with 0.1.2 and 0.2.2)

python driconf
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "driconf", line 23, in ?
    import driconf
ImportError: No module named driconf

Hmm, the installation should have installed a file named driconf.py in
/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages (at least that's the path in
debian). Maybe your python installation doesn't look in /usr/local. Can
you try changing prefix to /usr in setup.cfg and re-run the installation.

That did it. Now I it starts. It gets to the point where it says xdriinfo not found, so driconf seems to be ok, only I don't have xdriinfo. It uses the dri version that came with the Suse XFree86 4.3.0, and that is probably too old.

What could be wrong here? I have python-gtk 2.0.0, GTK+ 1.2 and 2.2, and whatever else comes with Suse 9.0.

For gtk2 you should be using driconf 0.2.2, not 0.1.2. This should fix
the warnings during the installation process.

No, it's the same with both versions.