On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 01:45, Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 02:40:19AM -0700, Eric Anholt wrote:
> >
> > You'll need to use the DDX (i810_drv.o -- the 2d driver) from X.Org CVS
> > to get the i915 support.  Note that the next X.Org release should be out
> > in two weeks.
>
> Hmm.  But files in `xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/i810/' dir in
> CVS have been last modified 2 months ago.  Am I looking the wrong place?
> Grepping in i810/ for '915' also revealed no results.
>
> URL I'm using:
>
> http://freedesktop.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/dri/xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/i810/

Yep, wrong place.  Unfortunately, we haven't updated our docs for the
correct place, so it's definitely our fault.

The i915 DDX was never merged from xorg/XFree86 to DRI.  Since then, DRI
CVS has merged into X.Org and all further GLX and DDX work will be going
on in X.Org.  (Also, DRI driver development has moved into Mesa, and DRM
development is in DRI CVS's drm module).  So basically, DRI CVS is
finished.

http://www.x.org/
http://xorg.freedesktop.org/

--
Eric Anholt                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         [EMAIL PROTECTED]