> Keep in mind that any ioctl function runs with the Big Kernel Lock held.

so were screwed? or should we just drop the BKL inside our ioctls? I think
the DRM locking should be good enough and if it isn't it should be made
good enough..

just in case anyone is wondering nearly all DRI stuff is done via ioctls..

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
pam_smb / Linux DECstation / Linux VAX / ILUG person