>>I investigated the problem a bit before I returned that card. I was >>able to get
>>the same effect by running x11perf for a while. So I >>suspect it's not directly
>>related to DRI or the 3D engine but a >>general power supply or overheating problem
>>that occurs when the chip >>is stressed for some time.

I tried to use proprietary ati driver to see if they have the same problem and
everythink worked well even without the vga cable connected.
This seems to exclude a hardware problem.

regards
        Luca

 Sponsor:

 Rinfresca la tua estate con i climatizzatori ed i ventilatori

* che trovi disponibili… Crios, Orieme, Hokkaido, Argo, Carrier, Vortice

 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2650&d=6-9