Jon Smirl wrote:

I'm a little concerned that we are doing a lot of work to support a
few people (<100) using DRM on BSD. I suspicious that it is a very
small number since we get close to zero complaints about BSD even
though we break it continuously.

I think the difference may be that BSD users don't update out-of-tree kernel modules like Linux users do. Because of that, they never see the breakage.