On Sad, 2004-09-11 at 00:36, Jon Smirl wrote:
> inter_module can't be removed until we move to the drm_core design
> with personality modules

Of course it can go. You just fix up the DRI to start using
try_module_get(). Actually when you have the video class driver layer it
all comes for free anyway.

> The DRM(probe) macro is there for the same reason. Without the macro
> if you link two DRM drivers into the kernel you'll get symbol

Then I don't see why you've suddenely made it required undoing cleanup
that had been done ? Why does the minors patch suddenely introduce this
specific requirement ?

Alan