On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 13:53:41 +0100, Alan Cox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sad, 2004-09-11 at 00:36, Jon Smirl wrote:
> > inter_module can't be removed until we move to the drm_core design
> > with personality modules
>
> Of course it can go. You just fix up the DRI to start using
> try_module_get(). Actually when you have the video class driver layer it
> all comes for free anyway.

I haven't used try_mode_get(); not sure what the BSD impacts are. The
inter_module stuff has been in DRM since it was originally written. I
just moved the exisiting code around a little.

> > The DRM(probe) macro is there for the same reason. Without the macro
> > if you link two DRM drivers into the kernel you'll get symbol
>
> Then I don't see why you've suddenely made it required undoing cleanup
> that had been done ? Why does the minors patch suddenely introduce this
> specific requirement ?

The probe function was static before. Now it is a different file and
requires the DRM() macro. I did it that was to minimize the diffs, if
I move the functions around I would triple the size of the diffs.

--
Jon Smirl