Am Montag, 20. September 2004 22:13 schrieb Ian Romanick:
> Eric Anholt wrote:
> > This gets about a 5% speedup for me in ipers (which I wish was more
> > accurate in its reporting), and doesn't touch glxgears.  I didn't have
> > any interesting apps besides glxgears handy to benchmark with.
>
> I should be able to give it a spin on viewperf sometime this week...

I am running viewperf-7.1.1, now.
Have viewperf-8.0.1, too.

Ian can you please check why we get empty/black windows with SMP on viewperf
for some tests (e.g. 'ugs').

You have to compile with '-DMP'.
# Add -DMP to the following line to build a multithreaded viewperf
DEFINES = -DXWINDOWS -DSEARCHPATH -DLINUX -DPNG -DMP

And modified 'EnvLINUX.c' version.

Add this:

/******************************************************************************
 *
 * GetNumProcessors - return number of processor on system
 *
 *  For MP execution, then number of processors is used for identification of
 *  of the number of graphics threads to exploit.
 *
 * Returns:
 *  integet number of processors
 *
 * Side Effects:
 *  none
 *
 * Errors:
 *  no errors, if function fails the string 1 is returned
 *
 * Revision History:
 *    Initial Release
 *
 *****************************************************************************/
int
GetNumProcessors()
{
    return (2);
}

Second,

there is something wrong (maybe together with latest KDE 3.3.0 on my SuSE 9.0)
because in _all_ texture modes there is superimposed 'konsole' output in
every ~/results/*/*.png images.

See attached example (proe02.png).

Cheers,
        Dieter