I checked in what I think is a working version for the DRM core split.
It is in two directories drm/linux-core and drm/shared-core.

I accidentally stomped drm/shared during the check-in but I have fixed
it. I checked builds on linux-2.4, linux and linux-core.

I will be gone for about four hours but I will check mail when I get
back to see if there are problems.

--
Jon Smirl