Hi,

I decided to commit what I have in terms of an R300 driver so far. You can
find  You can find it in th r300 project on SourceForge in the r300_driver
module:
cvs -d:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/r300 checkout
r300_driver

As you can easily see I started with the R200 driver. Since I didn't know
what to rip out and what to keep in at first, I decided to take the extra
time and separate stuff out into Radeon generic and R200/R300 code. So in
theory, the driver should still work on R200 hardware, although a) I
couldn't tested this and b) it's not quite uptodate (about a week old).

I have written state emission code which works, and I have started
implementing hardware accelerated clear. Something does happen on the
screen, but immediately afterwards I get a hard lockup for now. I'll let
you know when the driver is more usable.

cu,
Nicolai