On Sun, 24 Oct 2004, Nicolai Haehnle wrote:

On Sunday 24 October 2004 19:38, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
Even though I just have a Radeon 9200, I'm very excited about the
ongoning R300 effort and with there was a similar project for NVidia
cards too.

If that "with" above is a "wish" like I think it probably is, you might want to have a look at Utah-GLX which has rudimentary hw accel support. Also, somebody, somewhere (possibly in the nv driver in X, but I'm not sure) figured out how to do DMA. Of course, what's really needed is the equivalent of glxtest for NVidia and somebody with NVidia hardware who has a few weeks to spare for long nights of puzzling over register dumps :)

I just want to point out that glxtest is not that hardware specific. Only the register pretty-printer is.

So, for starters, it would be curious to look at the output of glxtest with NVidia driver - what kind of maps it uses, how they change during drawing, etc.

So volunteers with hardware and spare time are needed :)

                      best

                         Vladimir Dergachev

cu, Nicolai