Dave Airlie wrote:
With radeon, only on the characters? This is likely caused by the "environment
mapping on creatures" which uses GL_SPHERE_MAP texgen and causes a tcl
fallback (and those don't quite work correctly) on both radeon and r200
currently. Switching it off should get rid of that, though you also need to
turn down texture detail to lowest, otherwise it looks the game ignores this
setting for some reason. At least it helps on rv250 (another solution for
rv250 is to just not do a fallback, I guess that's not an option on
radeon...).

doh I meant r200, I have an rv280, I swap between it and rv200 cards a
bit, but at the moment I'm playing nwn on the rv280, it used to look fine
back 2-3 months ago when I used to have to apply the s3tc patch, I'm
nearly ure the flashing is character only, but maybe some bits of the
scenery are getting hit...
2 month back gl_sphere_map wasn't a fallback on r200, so you wouldn't have had that issue. It was disabled since it does not always work correctly (but actually looks ok at least for nwn), there must somewhere be an error lurking in the driver causing it to produce wrong results.

Roland

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: InterSystems CACHE FREE OODBMS DOWNLOAD - A multidimensional database that combines robust object and relational technologies, making it a perfect match for Java, C++,COM, XML, ODBC and JDBC. www.intersystems.com/match8 -- _______________________________________________ Dri-devel mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/dri-devel