Rogier Stam wrote:
Ok, to continue on this :) Stephane, you were right. The z buffer clearing causes the problem (or at least part of it). The y direction needs to be multiplied by 4, the x needs to be multiplied by 2. I tried 3 for the y direction also, which seems to reduce the problem to the lower 10-15% of my screen, so i'm wondering if 4x isn't too much. I've also tried increasing the screen size, and the problem seems to be gone (e.g I can run a full screen glxgears seeing everything, although the framerate has dropped from about 1400 to 900... Considering it needs to clear more that would be expected I think). Note that the changes I made were in the radeon_cp_dispatch_clear routine, near line 850. That said, I've noticed several times that if the mouse is moved over a glxgears screen (the moving part of the wheels) the system is liable to hang. This hangup gets less if AGPMode "4" is removed, FastWrite is disabled or page flipping is disabled (note, it gets less e.g it hangs less quick, but it still will hang).
This aside, I tested again with nwn, heretic2 and ut2004. Heretic 2 seems to be rid of all problems, so that's good I think :). ut2004 however is a different matter. Entering the main menu everything looks ok. No problems at all. Entering for example the settings screen and a lot of corruption shows (again, I can make pictures of this if there is interest for it). As for NWN, the main menu seems to look ok, aside from the load button, which isn't completely a rectangle as it should be. Other than that I still have to test more.

Any suggestions where next I can look to help solve ?

Actually, the _number_ of tiles ought to have been correct for rv100-based cards (as it's actually the same as in the older version (if the full width is cleared)). I think tile _offsets_ though are wrong (I know for sure that it's different for r100 than rv250, I just don't know about rv100).
Could you try with playing around with the offsets instead (for instance use tileoffset * 32 instead of tileoffset * 16)? Though looking at the code I've come up with for r100 and rv250 and looking at the pictures you sent me I'm really scratching my head how rv100 handles this. Seems to be very different from both versions, and not in a logical way neither... I think though I've an explanation for the second glxgears window (where the top left part is missing), I suspect that has something to do with the 64 pixel alignment the r100 needs (and rv100 might need too, dunno). What happens if you move glxgears down the screen, does it look the same or do more parts vanish?

Roland