Am Do, den 30.12.2004 schrieb Dave Airlie um 9:36:
> I'm a bit behind on this area, the patch looks fine, I'm just wondering
> should it intersect with the drm_pci.c stuff for the mach64....

Hmm, drm_pci.c looks like a OS-independent mechanism for allocating PCI
memory from within a DRM module. However, I need a way to allocate this
memory from the Xserver since the Xserver needs to know the physical
address. There is a TODO-comment at the top of drm_pci.c that talks
about support for mapping PCI-consistent buffers. That's basically what
my patch does. I'll change it to use drm_pci_alloc/free to allocate/free
the memory for DRM_CONSISTENT maps. This way a port to BSD would be
trivial (my current implementation uses virt_to_bus, which is
Linux-specific).

drm_pci_alloc allows limiting the maximum address. Would it be too
hackish to pass this via map->offset to the drm_addmap ioctl?

--
| Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |