Am Do, den 30.12.2004 schrieb Dave Airlie um 13:19:

> > drm_pci_alloc allows limiting the maximum address. Would it be too
> > hackish to pass this via map->offset to the drm_addmap ioctl?
>
> Probably no need for the Xserver maps to care about a max address I'd hate
> to overload anything in the addmap ioctl...

Ok. Anyway, it doesn't work. I tried to use drm_pci_alloc for allocating
_DRM_CONSISTENT maps. But after successful DRI initialization the
Xserver is just killed by the VM, probably when it accesses the status
page for the first time:

Dec 30 14:53:14 viking kernel: VM: killing process Xorg

I suppose I can't use the same vm_ops as the _DRM_SHM maps any more. I
have no idea how to do this right. For now I'm inclined to leave the
patch as is until someone figures out how to do it right.

--
| Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |