On Sat, 1 Jan 2005, Ben Skeggs wrote:

The gears seem to look normal now.

Without drm debugging I was able to resize the glxgears window without lockups, but only while the r300_dri debug output wasn't redirected. With glxgears 2>/dev/null, resizing the window caused a lockup.

The interesting thing is that the artifacts still appear outside of the glxgears window. Is anyone else testing with an RV350 that can confirm this? Perhaps there's a small difference to the R300.

I have RV350 and I don't seem them - at all.

This is with a 3200x1200 24bit framebuffer (virtual screen shared between a panel and a monitor).

Do you still see the artifacts with debugging and non-redirected output ?
If not it must be that R300 and later hardware requires delays in command stream. This would be new - and difficult to debug without specifications.

I'll add another command to drm to do delays, perhaps some of the problems will go away.

                          best

                             Vladimir Dergachev

Ben Skeggs.

Vladimir Dergachev wrote:

Cool, could you try the new version of rotating_gears ?

I am curious to see whether it works any better for you.

                    thank you

                        Vladimir Dergachev