> It's strange you get better results with OLD_PACKETS and MAOS_VERTS set to 0.
> I've tried that on my 7200sdr just very recently, and with that quake3 locks
> up usually within a few ms, sometimes it will live some seconds...
> But with OLD_PACKETS and MAOS_VERTS, it seems to run stable.
> glxgears is no problem with both modes here as far as I can tell.

my testing at the moment is:
with OLD_PACKETS set to 1 glxgears locks up quickly enough (<10s) with TCL
enabled, disabling TCL lets it go.. quake3 goes okay..
with OLD_PACKETS set to 0/MAOS_VERTS set to 0: gears runs fine, quake3
locks up after intro screen on menu...

This is really pissing me off :-), I've spent about 8 hrs yesterday
looking through dumps and ain't seeing any correlation between the packets
and the lockup (i.e. it all looks fine to me ..).. but I'm not stopping
until I figure out some way to make TCL stable on the M7,

Dave.