On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, Jan Kreuzer wrote:

Hi again
when i try to load the drm module with debug enabled i get the following
message in my syslog (and dri works not in xorg):

Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000000000000018
RIP:
<ffffffffa004afe4>{:radeon:gpio_setsda+20}

This is I2C code, probably something to do with DDC. Nothing to do with 3d or R300. Could be that you need a different kernel version or something.

Alternatively, you might need to do make clean - if some headers have changed, for example, and did not trigger dependency for some reason.

                         best

                            Vladimir Dergachev