On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 13:40 +0100, Geller Sandor wrote:

> Is there any way I can help to track down the problem(s)? My machine
> doesn't have network connection, so I can use only scripts which run in
> the background. With expect and gdb maybe it is possible to get at least a
> backtrace from my non-local-interactive machine.

Unfortunately, a backtrace is usually useless for a lockup because all
it will show you is the X server and/or the client(s) waiting for the
GPU to become idle, which it never does because it's locked up. The
problem is finding out what caused it to lock up, and that can be very
hard and time consuming.

That being said, I too have noticed slightly decreased stability with
r200 recently. As this seems to have snuck in gradually, binary searches
to try and isolate the CVS changes causing problems might be a good
strategy.

--
Earthling Michel DÃnzer      |     Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer