Vladimir Dergachev wrote:

whoa. I really thought rv350 was the first chip (from ATI) which could do brilinear. fglrx does not always use 0x17 btw, that just seems to be a default value. You can only set that on a global level?

One could change the register value dynamically, as textures are used, but
this would require to wait for the pipeline to clear so the flag is applied to correct textures. I am not sure what kind of performance impact this could be.

I thought it might make sense if different settings could be used for the different texture units. But since this is an early incarnation of brilinear, maybe it's not that sophisticated.
btw I have uploaded some pictures which show the effect here,
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/dri_experimental/mipmap_bri_0x00.png
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/dri_experimental/mipmap_bri_0x05.png
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/dri_experimental/mipmap_bri_0x0a.png
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/dri_experimental/mipmap_bri_0x0f.png
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/dri_experimental/mipmap_bri_0x15.png
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/dri_experimental/mipmap_bri_0x1a.png
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/dri_experimental/mipmap_bri_0x1f.png

The blending seems to stay exactly the same, just the area where it's happening gets smaller. This ain't so hot, newer chips seem to do a better job there. Still, it might make sense to implement that as an user option, especially since it's so dead simple to do. Unfortunately would require a drm version bump again...

Roland

------------------------------------------------------- SF email is sponsored by - The IT Product Guide Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT Products from real users. Discover which products truly live up to the hype. Start reading now. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=6595&alloc_id=14396&op=click -- _______________________________________________ Dri-devel mailing list Dri-devel@lists.sourceforge.net https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/dri-devel