>> nwn probably uses something which requires elts to be supported (ie.
>> glDrawElements).
>> The latest cvs snapshot has made a start on this, but more information
>> is needed.  I've
>> had some success with ut2004 by putting the indices into the command
>> buffer, but
>> ultimately this is not how we want to do it.
> As far as i could see from the cvs-logs the elts thing was added 17 hours
> ago,
> however i tested nwn earlier and the screenshots looked the same. So it
> seems that this change is  not responsible for this weird looking.
> However i now can turn on reflection in neverball without an slowdown
> (before i had an slowdown).

I disagree. I have done tests with glDrawElements and it gets horribly
broken when more than one element buffer appears. Also in quake3(full
version) menus, more random vertices appear when mouse isnt visible.
Test found at: http://nu.rasterburn.org/~aet/idx_2.tar.bz2 clearly shows
these problems.

>> >I dont get any lockups since about a week (which seems to be strange as
>> many
>> >others get lockups), however i do not use xorg-cvs, but ubuntus
>> xorg-package
>> >(seems to be the latest 6.8.2-beta) with the ati.patch from r300.
>> >

>> Is this with vertex buffers turned on?  If so, can you cause a lockup by
>> moving a window
>> over the top of the glxgears window?  This is the only way I can cause a
>> lockup with
>> the vertex buffer code.  I'm using xorg cvs from 1-2 days before the
>> dlloader changes.

This is the exact same bug i found before support for dma moves for vbs.
I was able to reproduce one bug that might be related to this.
I get lock up when starting glxgears in workspace 1 and switching to
workspace 2. This also happens with DEBUG=1 unlike other bugs iv seen.

--
Aapo Tahkola