Vladimir Dergachev wrote:

Adam

Same lockups with tuxracer, but it happened much quicker. You can view the full debug output from tuxracer at:

http://go.visualtech.com/adam/tuxracer.txt

It's about 6 megs in size.

I suggest you gzip it next time - this should work exceedingly well with log files and most people can still view it within a webbrowser.

Also, to cover the obvious, you did update the DRM driver, recompile it and reloaded it ? Check that there are no stray binaries around..

Sorry 'bout that.

Yeah, the DRM was updated as well. I've compared md5sums on the drm.ko and radeon.ko modules in /lib/modules/2.6.10/kernel/drivers/char/drm to the ones in the drm directory of r300_driver tree that I just built from this morning. Exact match. Even after doing a "make clean" in the drm source directory and rebuilding it just now, they match.

I'm not sure what stray binaries would cause this.. However, libGL.so is definitely loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/r300_dri.so, and I build and installed that this morning (and have since updated it this afternoon).

Adam