Vladimir Dergachev wrote:

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005, Ben Skeggs wrote:

Rune Petersen wrote:

Hi,

I gave q3demo a try and to my surprise there was no artifacts.
This must have been fixed by one of the many changes.

Does this only work for me? Or is it time to update the status page?

I can't actually run q3 anymore to test it (no ioctl32), but I no longer get artifacts
in ut2004-demo.

I believe that it was elts being implemented which corrected this, but I could be
wrong.

The rendering quality had indeed improved.

I still get artifacts in quake3, also the menu does not have flaming Quake
string on top.

However, q3demo appears to be simpler than quake3 and the particular levels easier on the renderer. For example the same "dock" level displays fine in both q3demo and quake3, but nearby levels often give me "white walls" artifact, with textures appearing and disappearing on them depending on distance and angle of view.

I also see dithering see-through objects while they should be opaque
(like the pedestal)

Also I believe we are still not doing correct things in many cases, especially as pixel shaders are concerned (no Gourad, multitexturing messed up).

I believe I now have a good understanding of how to implement multitexturing properly,
I could be wrong. But I'll find out very shortly.

I'm working on some code now that I hope will make (at least) the mesa multiarb demo
render correctly.

Also, Is there anybody working on figuring out the missing texture formats? The problems
with the texenv demo aren't only caused by incorrect texenv's, but most of the used texture
formats are missing.

Cheers,
Ben Skeggs.

best