Am Sonntag, den 27.03.2005, 19:45 +0200 schrieb David:
> El Domingo, 27 de Marzo del 2005 4:02 PM, Felix Kühling escribió:
>
> > The tarball includes a Makefile, which is supposed to make life easier
> > for translators. If you're interested in translating DRIconf to your
> > native language see the start of the Makefile for instructions.
>
> Well, I think that there should be more strings marked for translation.

I suppose you're referring to option descriptions? They are not part of
the DRIconf user interface, they are defined in the drivers themselves.
Of course you're welcome to translate them too. Take a look at
mesa/src/mesa/drivers/dri/common/xmlpool.h in Mesa CVS.

Now that I know gettext, I'm considering to generate xmlpool.h
automatically from .po-files. That would make life easier for
maintainers of translations, especially for non-programmers.

BTW, do you use any special tool for editing .po files? I tried the
Emacs mode for po files, but I'm not too happy with it. (Maybe I'd
change my mind if I was dealing with longer .po files.)

> Anyway here's the .po for the Spanish translation.

Thanks for this very quick reply. I'll wait for a few more translations
before making a new release.

I went through your translation. I know very little Spanish myself (I
know how it's pronounced ;-) and have a few comments/questions:

The "í" in "aplicacíón" looks like a typo:
        msgstr "Crear un nuevo dispositivo o aplicacíón"

You translated "anyway" in two different ways. Is that intentional?
Would it be better to use the same formulation in both cases?
        ¿Salir de todos modos?
        ¿Salvar de todas formas?

Is "Creados" a typo? AFAIK plural should not change the verb:
        msgstr "Creados nuevos archivos de configuración DRI %s por
        usted."

The last one is more out of curiosity: You used "usted" when addressing
the user, which is used very much in South America among strangers.
AFAIK in Spain "tú" is more widely used, though I don't know which is
the usual form in user interfaces. What is your experience?

> See ya.
> David Rubio.

Hasta luego,
  Felix

--
| Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |