On Saturday 26 March 2005 07:03 am, Jerome Glisse wrote:
> > Wait, I have one thing that's not from CVS.  I patched system
> > compiler from GCC 3.4.2 to GCC 3.4.4 snapshot (20050318).  I
> > updated GCC because I found some nasty optimization bugs for
> > AMD64 in GCC 3.4.2. Can this be the fix?
>
> Maybe, weird things can happen... To tell the true have no clue
> if this gcc upgrade have fix this...Anyway now it works for you.
> Do you have any freeze now  (try moving,resizing gl window, or
> some glintensive app...) ?

Actually, I was excited too early.  After I set LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose, I
found loading r300_dri.so failed (because of Mesa's 3DLab shader
language commits). :-(  I was fooled because it was quite faster than
indirect rendering (although I have no idea why).  Any way, I just
updated Mesa again (which disabled mesa_slang thingy but not
completely) and now it's broken as before.  It's flickering and
stretched as before and it's not just hung for a while but blanked
display completely (maybe because Mesa partially disabled 3dlabs
thingy?) and glxgears is hung on DRM_WAIT_ON() as before.

Sorry for the noise,

Jung-uk Kim