Am Samstag, den 30.04.2005, 22:53 -0500 schrieb Steve Holland:
> I find that the current savage snapshot (20050430) seems to randomly
> drop individual polygons or polygon strips (they become transparent to
> background). Hardware is SuperSavage/IXC (IBM Thinkpad T23) on FC3/linux
> 2.6.11.2.

I noticed this sometimes too, but I was never able to reproduce it
reliably. Does the problem go away if you set the enable_fastpath option
to false?

> Testcase: Aviascene  http://69.5.151.193:81/~sdh4/aviascene (problem is
> most severe with texturing off (press t))
> Screenshot: http://69.5.151.193:81/~sdh4/savagebug.png
>
> Problem did not occur with 20041108 snapshot or prior, or with direct
> rendering disabled, or with other DRI drivers.

Lots of changes have occurred in the driver since 2004. It can't be a
DMA problem because the driver can't use DMA on SuperSavages. The
fastpath is my next suspect (see above).

> Rerendering a frame a second time gives exactly the same polygons
> dropped as in the original render.

That's good, makes the problem slightly easier to debug.

>       Thanks,
>       Steve

Regards,
  Felix

--
| Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |