Alan Cox wrote:
On Maw, 2005-05-10 at 22:59, Ian Romanick wrote:

2. Primary DMA buffer. The DDX carves of 1MB for the primary DMA buffer. I don't think that's outside the reasonable realm for drm_pci_alloc. If it is, can this work with a smaller buffer?

You'll have trouble grabbing that linearly from main memory, on the other hand I'm assuming most traffic is outgoing so you want the buffer in video card memory if possible and set write combining ?

I was afraid of that. :( The problem is that the MGA can *only* DMA commands & vertex data from "PCI" memory or AGP. In the case of the G200 (typically only 8MB), you don't want to use 1/8th of your on-card memory for commands either. I'll have to dig deeper and see if there's another way around this.