Vladimir Dergachev wrote:

Hi all,

    I tagged yesterday "the_perfect_frag" snapshot of R300 driver.

    The code is in CVS at http://r300.sf.net

    As the name suggests I cannot find visible faults with rendering
    Quake3 levels. Also, PPRacer shows no artifacts either, at least in
    the first few levels..

    Known issues/help needed:

         * Radeon 9800 cards are still exhibiting an occasional lockup.

         * It would be interesting to know whether the driver works
           with some of the newer cards (like Radeon X800)

* Also see the list at http://r300.sf.net/r300_dri.php

So I can confirm the occaisional lockup with the 9800 still. neverputt played fine for half a round. Q3A played fine for about 8 minutes before locking up my machine. UT played fine for maybe 3-4 minutes before locking up. UT2004 locked up almost immediately in the menu... Which also displayed bizarre...

Blender worked! I didn't put it through a lot of tests but I was able to load a number of files which had previously crashed Blender.

I'd say there are three things keeping me from switching from my 9000pro to my 9800 permanently:

1) lockups
2) lack of S3TC through the libtxc_dxtn
3) Not being merged into Mesa (and, along with that, lack of FreeBSD support).

Is there any way to debug these lockups?

Adam