Vladimir Dergachev wrote:

On Mon, 30 May 2005, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:

Hi,
I've just tried out the r300 driver - works remarkably well for "untested and
broken" code.

:))

I've run into 2 bugs though:
It doesn't work well if the display uses 16 bpp (24 bpp works perfectly) -- 3D in 16 bpp is pretty badly misrendered (sample attached; 2D works well w/ r300 DRI even at 16 bpp) -- mixed with a random section of the rest of the screen,
wrong colors, and drawn way too large (but close enough to the expected
output to recognize it).

I don't think we ever focused on getting 16bpp right - having 32bpp working is fun enough :) Also, all of r300 and later cards have more than enough RAM for 32bpp modes.

That said, it is probably just a matter of making sure some constants are set properly (like colorbuffer parameters), I don't think anything else in the driver is tied to that.

If 16bpp isn't supported, the DDX and/or r300 client driver should be modified not to try, and just fall back to indirect rendering.

Keith