On Sunday 05 June 2005 20:07, Vladimir Dergachev wrote:
> >> My understanding is that dev->agp->base is the address where the AGP
GART
> >> mirrors the pieces of system RAM comprising AGP space.
> >
> > Yes, that's my understanding, too. But what is the Radeon's business
knowing
> > that address? Why does it need to know this address? I thought this was
CPU
> > address space, not card address space.
>
> Yes, however it is convenient to do so.
>
> The point is that AGP base address will not normally overlap the location
> of system RAM. This is, of course, only reasonable for 32 bit systems..

I understand that part, but it's not what I meant. What I mean is this: You
said, RADEON_MC_AGP_LOCATION is used to program where AGP is in the card's
address space, and that's all fine and makes sense.

However, we are *also* programming dev->agp->base into a register called
RADEON_AGP_BASE. What is the meaning of that register?

cu,
Nicolai