On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 20:38 -0400, Jon Smirl wrote:
> I split it into initmap/addmap to allow reset to work. You can't bring
> the radeon up until it is reset, the driver will error out. This
> allowed a DRM based reset app to map the registers and run the reset
> program without bringing up the full driver. After reset is complete
> you could init the driver. I have apps on my local machine that do
> this this sequence and it works.
>
> But, I think BenH is about to provide a low level VGA reset program
> that eliminates the need for the DRM one. Is that right Ben?

I have something working on ppc based on your initial version, but very
hackish. It needs some significant work to isolate the PCI issues, and
ideally, it also needs a VGA arbiter...

I'm too busy lately to do much progress on my various video related
projects unfortunately, but we'll see what I come up with.

Ben.