----- Original Message -----
From: Alex Deucher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sunday, July 24, 2005 5:49 pm
Subject: Re: X300SE PCI-E freezes
> On 7/24/05, Torbjörn Söderstedt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I tried the driver on my X300SE PCI-E card, but when I start the X
> > server all I get is a black screen. To make the driver recognise
> my card
> > at all, I added it to the pciids as a rv350 card (although it really
> > should be rv370).
> >
> > Kernel and Xorg logs are attached. Because I don't have much kernel
> > hacking experience, I don't really know where to start. I'm
> prepared to
> > devote some time for this, so please tell me what I can do to help.
> >

> PCIE is not currently working.  So for the moment, PCIE cards will not
> work.  What you can try is setting up the card with the fglrx driver
> and getting that working then use the radeon register dump scripts in
> r300 cvs to dump the PCIE config and then compare that to how the regs
> get set up in the open drm.

I have had very little success with the fglrx driver. Last time I tried,
it would lock up the system (even worse than r300) as soon as I tried to
use opengl. This time it wouldn't activate dri at all, and glxgears gives
me 25 fps!?!

I'll get back to you if I ever get it to work.

Regards
Torbjörn Söderstedt