On Wednesday 27 July 2005 10:13, Jerome Glisse wrote:
> On 7/27/05, Bellido Nicolas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > BTW, do you have any scenario where you are sure X will hang ??
>
> Launch ut2003 or 2004 (don't remember which one) demos then start a game
> (quick launch) and it will lockup during level loading or few second after
> the intro begin...Other opengl apps do the same a flight simulator which
> i didn't remember the name will lockup in the menu after few secs..
>
> Btw if i try to resize or move glxgears i have a lockup, less often but
> some times...

ut2k4 did the trick...

I get lockups during the mission breafing or shortly after beginning of intro.
Modprobing drm with debug=1, shows two cases:

. ut2004-bin does an DRM_IOCTL_DMA ioctl, but radeon_freelist_get, called by
  radeon_cp_buffers returns NULL;
. ut2004-bin does an radeon_cp_getparam ioctl, with RADEON_PARAM_LAST_FRAME
  as parameter, but the value returned does not change anymore.

The later is the most common, though.

The result is that ut2004-bin keeps on issuing the same ioctl, thus the lock
up.

Do you experience the same ? (Just to be sure that we talk about the same
thing)

As the getparam lockup has already been discussed here [1], I'll post the logs
I have as replies to this mail, in case people are interested.
Note that they are quite large (compressed ~50k, uncompressed ~10M).

-- Hopefully they won't be rejected by any mail size limit on the list --

Nicolas.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/dri-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg23051.html