Ian Romanick wrote:

Keith Whitwell wrote:

Roland Scheidegger wrote:

Try this patch here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mesa3d-dev&m=112337787415898&w=2
That should fix the issue. I believe it not only fixes it, but it's
the right thing to do, mesa maps the gl vertex attrib functions (such
as glNormal) to glVertexAttribNV functions somewhere in the display
list code - and the dispatch offsets for these won't exist otherwise
(unless you have a driver which claims to support NV_vertex_program).

Someone might want to check this in (with a better comment...), I
can't until next week.

This should all be shifted from relying on the NV extension to the ARB
one, that might mean changing the display list code as well.

The ARB extensions are pretty much central to the future development of
Mesa and the drivers, while the NV ones will remain peripheral.

In this particular case, we can't (without changing *lots* of code).
The ARB attributes do not alias the fixed-function attributes, but the
NV attributes do.  Mesa is relying on the aliasing happening.

I'm not sure what the "right" answer is here, but I'm open to
suggestions. :)

The GL_ARB_v_p extension is somewhat layered on the GL_NV_v_p extension at this time.

Before we can fully move away from that, we need to work out the non-aliasing vertex attribute stuff. I started on that back in the winter, but there's a lot of work to be done yet. It's a long-term project.

-Brian