On Mer, 2005-11-23 at 11:46 -0500, Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 November 2005 07:48, Michael Frank wrote:
> > Testing 2.6.15-rc2  in-kernel DRM, why still no mach64
> > support which works fine for me from snapshots/cvs?
>
> Because it's still insecure.

Michael - If you've got a Mach64 and you want it mainstream you need to
add code which validates the command stream passed to the chip is valid.
There is code like this in the VIA driver and the Mach64 needs something
similar to verify you aren't doing things like DMAing patches into the
kernel with the graphics card but only using commands that are "safe".