This looks somewhat familiar. I saw this on a Radeon 7500 where AGP
writes from the card to system memory did not work reliably. So
uploading textures to AGP memory (through DMA) was corrupting textures.
Reducing the AGP speed to 2x solved the problem on that card.

The problem only occurred after a while of heavy texture usage, when it
started using the AGP texture heap. After that it kept using the AGP
heap and I saw texture corruption in other games too.

The same card also suffered from soft lockups due to AGP status
writeback that was affected by the same unreliability. I solved it
locally be disabling status writeback in the kernel module before I
figured out that reducing the AGP speed helped as well. YMMV.

Regards,
  Felix

Am Donnerstag, den 02.03.2006, 18:48 +0100 schrieb Rune Petersen:
> I didn't get the best shot, but I didn't want to risk a lockup at the time.
> Try looking closer at the bot.
>
> When I exited to the menu most of the background was corrupted.
>

> Rune Petersen
>
> Aapo Tahkola wrote:
> >>
> >>    Quake3:
> >>            map0: Texture corruption (random changing garbage). this
> >> corruption
> >>will bleed into other games started after Quake3 is closed.
> >>            http://megahurts.dk/rune/stuff/shot0003.jpg
> >

> > I dont see anything wrong with that shot.
> >
> > Does it change if you look from different angle?
> > If it changes all the time, id say you have gart overlapping with fb.

| Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |