On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 17:40:41 +0200
Tino Keitel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 17:29:26 +0000, Aapo Tahkola wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > You'll need newer drm.
>
> Do you mean radeon.ko, libdrm and r300_dri.so?

radeon.ko, drm.ko and libdrm come in same package(CVS
http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/dri/drm/).
In general, newer radeon.ko should always work with older r300_dri.so.
Since r300 driver is still more or less in development still, we have chosen to
do quite many bumps between radeon.ko and core r300 driver(r300_dri.so), thus
making it in general refuse to work with older DRMs. (cleaner code/less
bugs/less effort this way)

> > You might also get it going by applying
> > http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/dri/drm/shared-core/r300_cmdbuf.c?r1=1.7&r2=1.8
> >  .
>
> My 2.6.16 source fails to compile after patching, maybe I can fix it.

or then you can just stick "case RADEON_CNTL_BITBLT_MULTI:" right after
RADEON_CP_NOP: case.
It will make your system in-theory-compromisable though.

--
Aapo Tahkola