Brian Paul wrote:
Rune Petersen wrote:
Brian Paul wrote:

Rune Petersen wrote:

I found the problem:
In Mesa MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS, MAX_TEXTURE_COORD_UNITS, and MAX_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS are all set to 8. (src/mesa/main/config.h)

And there are no sanity-checks done on the values returned by the drivers.

Changing the defines to 16 makes everything work.

Changing only MAX_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS should be valid according to src/mesa/main/config.h but a sanity-check fails (if commented out it lockups like before).

In the future it would be nice to have bounds checks on the Const.* values.

I've added a new function that does some sanity checks on the ctx->Const.* values the first time a context is bound.

Great I hope it not a silent check...

That wouldn't be much good, would it?

You could just clamp the value in the case of tex units to 8. I just wanted to make sure the user/devel is notified when the limits of Mesa is reached, so the either Mesa or the driver can be fixed.

As discussed a few days ago, we're presently limited to 8 texture image and coordinate units in core Mesa.

I see in other words the restriction on MAX_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS have to be there until splitting of the 2 units is completed in Mesa.
(managed to find a working mesa3d-dev archive)

The splitting is largely complete. The larger issue has to do with the allocation and processing of vertex and fragment attributes.
Ok, thank you.

Rune Petersen