Michel Dänzer wrote:
On Sun, 2006-05-28 at 19:57 +0200, Roland Scheidegger wrote:
Rune Petersen wrote:

(e.g.  while (ret && (errno == EINTR || errno == EBUSY));)
And by looking at it, does it make sense that the timeout value in the kernel depends on the kernel-of-the-day HZ value, rather than some hardware-dependant (probably fixed) value?
Isn't the timeout value dependent on HZ?
3*HZ is always 3 seconds no matter what HZ is (provided its the same value used to compile the kernel).
Ah right. I think I misinterpreted something. That said, 3 seconds sounds like a rather long time, why would there still be timeouts?

Because lockups do happen. I think these timeouts are one kind of common
symptoms of a lockup.
Yes, certainly, however in this case it obviously didn't lockup yet still exceed those 3 seconds wait time.

Roland