On 9/11/06, John Sullivan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The Free Software Foundation had listed http://r300.sf.net/ as a "High
> Priority
> Project". We recognize that the lack of 3D video drivers for their specific
> hardware is one of the primary obstacles preventing people from running
> entirely free systems.
>
> The development status and location of that project has changed, and we would
> like to update our recommendation.

The r300 driver has been folded into the mesa and xorg projects along
with the other video drivers.
http://http://wiki.x.org/wiki/
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/

> We are interested in ideas for how we can help contribute to the project's
> development (and to the overall goals of performing 3D video drivers for free
> software operating systems).
>
> I'd like to hear any suggestions or feedback that the developers on the list
> have for what could be done.

If you have any way of working with hardware vendors to get them to
provide specs, or even better, open source driver code, it would be
much appreciated.

Alex