Hi Jerome,
thanks for your post. In the weekend I did some checks but it just made myself
more confused.

I downloaded the source of Mesa-6.5.1 , I configured for just making trident dri
and started the compilation with
make linux-dri-x86
By the way, before the make, in src/mesa/drivers/dri/trident/trident_context.c
I had to alter some constants (namely ddx_expected and dri_excepted) to let
them used by Mesa.
Running glxinfo shows direct rendering usage (see
http://w3.externet.hu/~brazso/cases/Mesa%20(R300)%20Segfault/glxinfo.txt). But
starting
glxgears causes segmentation fault.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/zb/Mesa-6.5.1/progs/xdemos $ gdb ./glxgears
GNU gdb 6.4
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...Using host libthread_db
library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".

(gdb) r
Starting program: /home/jucus/zb/Mesa-6.5.1/progs/xdemos/glxgears
[New Thread -1213606224 (LWP 9471)]
libGL warning: 3D driver returned no fbconfigs.
_mesa_GenLists
neutral_vertexAttrib4fvARB: 1, 0x1300
_tnl_VertexAttrib4fvARB: index=1, v=0x1300
choose: v=0x1300
attrib: v=0x1300

[Switching to Thread -1213606224 (LWP 9471)]
0xb7987b8c in attrib_17_4 (v=0x1300) at t_vtx_generic.c:120
120     ATTRS( 17 )
(gdb) bt
#0  0xb7987b8c in attrib_17_4 (v=0x1300) at t_vtx_generic.c:120
#1  0xb7983eb7 in choose_17_4 (v=0x1300) at t_vtx_api.c:479
#2  0xb7989fab in _tnl_VertexAttrib4fvARB (index=17, v=0x1300)
    at t_vtx_generic.c:556
#3  0xb79588ff in neutral_VertexAttrib4fvARB (index=1, v=0x1300)
    at vtxfmt_tmp.h:454
#4  0x0804a4b8 in init () at glxgears.c:353
#5  0x0804aec2 in main (argc=1, argv=0xbf8968d4) at glxgears.c:602
(gdb) q

In glxgear.c:353 of init() glNewList function is invoked, its parameters are
(list=1,mode=0x1300). I do not know why, but in fact
neutral_VertexAttrib4fvARB is executed, it receives the parameters of glNewList.
I placed some fprintf(stderr,...) trace lines into the code to find out what
happens. (See the 5 lines after "libGL warning") glGenLists still invokes
_mesa_GenLists, but glNewList does not start neither _mesa_NewList nor
__indirect_glNewList just the afore mentioned neutral_VertexAttrib4fvARB.

I also started glxgears with strace checking the loaded libraries (see
http://w3.externet.hu/~brazso/cases/Mesa%20(R300)%20Segfault/glxgears.strace).
I think they are OK, at least libGL*.so and trident_dri.so are
mines. (mesa_cvs in the output of strace contains just proper links to "near"
/usr/lib where Mesa places its libraries during "make install".)

I especially analysed dlist.c and state.c from src/mesa/main to find out why
not _mesa_NewList is called but so far without any result.

I also do not understand that there is SET_NewList macro defined in dispatch.h
(in src/mesa/glapi), but its fellows namely GET_NewList and CALL_NewList are
never used. Then I tried to follow the working GenLists, but for the time being
I do not know how _mesa_GenLists is called due to the plenty of macros and
pointers usage :)

Regards
Brazso

--
This message was sent on behalf of [EMAIL PROTECTED] at openSubscriber.com
http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/dri-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/5222322.html