Dave Airlie wrote:
> Okay the GART is working fine on the rs480 from my branch, however the
> r300 driver causes a chip lockup, I've loaded fglrx and from what I can
> see it disables the Vertex Shaders in hw and does that bit of the pipeline
> in sw.. at least on the system I have...
>
> If anyone else has an xpress 200 or 200m, perhaps they could try fglrx and
> run a GL app and find out what the value in reg 0x2140 is, the latest
> version of radeontool from my git repo will do it..[1]
> radeontool regmatch SE_CNTL_STATUS
>
> I think the bit that turns on/off the Vertex stuff is the same bit that
> used to turn on/off the TCL engine..
>
> I'm not sure how we can handle this in r300, we probably need to use a
> swtcl path for these chips....
>
> Dave.
I thought the r300 driver could already handle tcl fallbacks. It's not
news that the xpress chips don't have any hw tcl/vertex shaders, that
has been known forever and is afaik officially confirmed (the screen
code doesn't set the RADEON_CHIPSET_TCL bit for these chips for a
reason). The same is still true for rs690, btw.

Roland