> > Can you link me to the commitdiff for this?  Would like to point the RH
> > guys to it possibly for inclusion into FC at some point.
>
> There were several related fixes but
>
> http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=mesa/drm.git;a=commitdiff;h=8ff026723cf170034173052a58c650c8c1f28c0b;hp=125f3ff36796c8d28c29e960247fdd42d4cd877c
>
> is the most likely to help with this. If in doubt, you could just try if
> the current tree works first.

Thanks Michael.  I backported this patch into my FC6 kernel and reset
my aperture size back to 64MB's.  Xorg now starts up at this setting
_with_ DRI enabled!  I get the following in dmesg:

[drm] Initialized drm 1.1.0 20060810
ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:01:00.0[A] -> GSI 16 (level, low) -> IRQ 17
[drm] Initialized radeon 1.25.0 20060524 on minor 0
agpgart: Found an AGP 2.0 compliant device at 0000:00:00.0.
agpgart: Putting AGP V2 device at 0000:00:00.0 into 4x mode
agpgart: Putting AGP V2 device at 0000:01:00.0 into 4x mode
[drm] Setting GART location based on new memory map
[drm] Can't use AGP base @0xf8000000, won't fit
[drm] Loading R300 Microcode
[drm] writeback test succeeded in 1 usecs

Can you tell me in a nutshell the consequences of the "won't fit" error
above?  Performance penalty of any sort?  Will certain radeon driver
features not work as a result perhaps?  The error does not (as
expected) appear if my aperture is set to 128MB.

My glxinfo shows DRI is working and I get a much healthier score of
3400FPS or so with glxgears.

Ray